Golf Cart Batteries
Cactus Hill Golf Cars carries and installs top of the line deep cycle 6V, 8V, 12V golf cart batteries. We also offer battery fill systems. Call for a quote and take advantage of our great pricing today!
Golf Cart Battery Maintenance:
Watering (Flooded Batteries Only)
Water should be added ONLY AFTER fully charging the Battery. Prior to charging, there should be enough water to cover the plates. If the battery has been discharged, (partially or fully), the water level should also be above the plates.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. Do NOT allow the plates to be exposed to air.
2. Do NOT fill the water all the way up to the cap.
3. Do NOT use water with a high mineral content.
4. Use ONLY distilled or de-ionized water.
1. Remove the vent cps and check the electrolyte level, the minimum level is to the top of the plates.
2. If there is no electrolyte visible, just add enough water to cover the plates.
3. Replace and tighten all water vent caps.
4. Put the batteries on a complete charger before adding any more water.
5. Once charging is complete, remove the vent caps and check the electrolyte level.
6. ADD WATER UNTIL THE ELECTROLYTE LEVEL IS 1/8″ BELOW THE BOTTOM OF FILL WELL.
7. Clean, replace and tighten all vent caps.
1. Check that all vent caps are tight.
2. Clean the top of the battery with a cloth or brush and a solution of baking soda and water. DO NOT ALLOW ANY CLEANING SOLUTION OR FOREIGN MATTER TO GET INSIDE THE BATTERY.
3. Rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
4. Clean battery terminals and the inside of cable clamps with a post and clamp cleaner.
5. Reconnect the clamps to the terminals and apply a thin coat of terminal protection.
6. Keep area around batteries clean and dry.